There is no better way to cook with veggies than by making soup! (My faaaaavorite).
OK – it’s already obvious that I love soup because I talk about it constantly. Soup is the type of meal that you can make to send a surge of nutrients to your cells. You can add vegetables and ingredients in soup that you otherwise would never eat, but when blended or mixed with other foods that you love, the flavors seem to just w-e-r-k.
So today’s soup recipe is rich with the antioxidant, beta-carotene, and digestion friendly ingredients. So get your detoxing pants ready because this is a carrot part-ay.
By eating this soup you will get:
- Antioxidant support through Vitamin A and C
- Vision support from beta-carotene
- Digestive support from the ginger
- Amino acids and a blend of B vitamins from the nutritional yeast
- Healthy skin with the help of Vitamin A and folate
Carrot Ginger Soup:
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 6-7 large carrots shaved and washed
- 1 cup chopped shallots
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups vegetable stock or 1 veggie bouillon cube
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 inch piece of ginger peeled and diced
- seasonings for taste: parsley, cumin, turmeric
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- On a stove top in a soup pan over medium heat, heat the coconut oil and cook the shallot and garlic until translucent (between 4-5 minutes)
- Add the ginger, carrots, and seasonings to the pan and cook for another 5 minutes
- Add the water and veggie stock, then the nutritional yeast and bay leaf and simmer between 25-30 minutes
- Blend the soup in a food processor or blender until well mixed
- Serve warm and top with pumpkin seeds
Yum! Now, on a chilly night, you can sip on your soup and light some gingerbread candles while bundled up in your robe.